The eucalyptus tree (also known as Tasmanian Blue Gum) is an evergreen tree native to Australia that’s often thought of as the main food source of koala bears. While it provides amazing nutritional support for wildlife, the essential oils extracted from eucalyptus leaves also have powerful medicinal properties. According to English folklore, an early English settler had his thumb nearly severed by an ax. His father, who was well-versed in Aboriginal folk medicine, advised that he apply a bandage of tightly bound eucalyptus leaves around the cut after it was sutured. Evidently, the Aborigines used eucalyptus, or “kino” as they referred to it, to heal most wounds they encountered. Later, when a surgeon saw the wound, he remarked how amazed he was because the thumb healed so quickly and without any trace of infection. Reports like this spread throughout Australia, and pharmacists like Joseph Bosisto began tinkering with the idea of commercially producing eucalyptus oil in 1852. Soon thereafter, the leaves of Eucalyptus radiata were first distilled near Melbourne.
Eucalyptus Oil Usage Tips
- Add 3-5 drops to warm water and soak sore, tired feet
- Place a few drops on a cloth to remove stubborn stickers
- Use in a candle lamp diffuser to generate a positive, energizing space
- Add 2 drops to 1 cup water, pour on the hot rocks in a sauna. Breathe deeply.
- Use in a diffuser near bedside for clear breathing
- Place 7-10 drops on hotel room floor for fresh air. Just like home (almost).
- Place 2-5 drops on shower floor for an vigorating shower experience.
- Place 2-5 drops in bowl of steaming water, place towel over head and breathe deeply.
Distillation Method: Steam Distilled
Botanical name: Eucalyptus Globulus
Ingredient: 100% Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Country of Origin: Product of United States
Packaging: Amber Essential Oil Glass Bottle
Storage: Room temperature. Air tight container
Disclaimer: This is PURE essential oil. It should NOT be used directly in pregnant women or women who are currently breastfeeding. It’s best to dilute pure essential oil with a carrier oil like Jojoba Oil, Argan Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Grapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil when you are applying it directly to the skin.